Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ahh travel

So it's been a while..but I had an interesting moment today (and most days).
So I don't have any money because I bought last minute tickets to Cyprus and thusly havent really eaten anything but potatoes and onions. But thats not the point. The point is I had to take the bus to the airport here in Riga in order to conduct an interview with a director at the Post.
I scrounged up enough pennies for the 40 santims it cost to get there. But realized i had NO money to get back at all. And the possibilities of sneaking on the bus were nonexistant. SO in rummaging around in my messenger bag and found two very wrinkled US dollars. "AH HA!" i thought..i could walk into the airport and go to the currency exchange! Which I did. And got 82 cents out of it. The dollar blows.
Anywho. Then I asked where the Post office was..and the woman was like "why didnt you get off at the right stop for the post office? This is the airport? Didn't you think about this!?" But thats the kind of tone I've grown accustomed to. So she finally pointed me in the sorta right direction. Through some bushes. and a swamp. and like a sandpit. It was a good time. And about an hour later I arrived slightly scratched and dusty..and sandy, to the post office. Where I had an interview. Then I rushed to get back to town, only to find that the like 9 presidents in town for the Baltic Summit were leaving..so we had to wait for like 5 presidential motorcades to whiz by. seriously. what a day. But on the brightside I have 30 cents!

2 comments:

Marin said...

:) I have disappeared from Facebook, but you can still find me in virtual reality :)

Unknown said...

How are you Monika, are you around Latvia these times or back in the States of Am? Take care